Eyewords™ Evidence-based, Multisensory-Orthographic High Frequency Word Teaching Card Bundle, Sets #1-4, Words 1-200 combine multisensory learning, explicit orthographic mapping and active play.
- Pages are arranged for double-sided printing.
- The front of each Eyewords card embeds visual-contextual images, provides a related auditory phrase and corresponding kinesthetic action. In so doing, Eyewords has created context for abstract high frequency words. The engagement of multiple modalities make words meaningful for learners.
- On the back of each Eyewords card, each word is orthographically mapped by sound (phoneme) enabling learners to make letter-sound connections that bond to spellings, pronunciations, and meanings of words. These elements are stored in a learner’s long term memory to create a sight word.
- Irregular sounds are mapped with a heart and regular sounds with a dot.
- Also included are 32 unique play-based games and activities designed to support attention, motivation and memory.
- Pair with Eyewords™ Digital Worksheets for greatest learning outcomes.
Eyewords™ resources and teaching methodology have received attention and acclaim and were the focus of quantitative research conducted by Stanford University and published in the academic journal Learning and Instruction, Volume 65.